Watering the plants and taking care of them is a good thing indeed! But if you are doing this at the cost of litres of water, then we doubt the previous statement. Here we would like to list out the Best Water Timer Reviews which will help you out with controlling the water wastage and also maintain your beautiful garden.
Water Timer is a battery-run or a mechanically run device which is used for controlling the flow of the water. For this, you need to set a timer on it, which will be in minutes, hours or days. So set the time for which you need to perform watering, and turn it on.
That’s it! After your set time arrives, the timer will stop the watering business. This is how a Water Timer works.
Our Top Picks: Best Water Timer Reviews
With an increase in population, there is high demand for water all over the world. In this scenario, if you are wasting water on the plant, then you are doing something seriously wrong. You can get a Water Timer and attach it to the garden hose. This way you can save lots of water as well as your money.
Following are our Top Picks in the Water Timer category for this year.
#1 Orbit Single Outlet Programmable Water Timer
There are scenarios where you might have forgot to turn the faucet off in the garden area. This may have led your beautiful lawn into a soggy one. To resolve this issue, you can get one Water Timer which will monitor the flow of the water, and perform many other operations.
You can even set a time for watering the plants. In this manner, you won’t need to remember when to turn the water off, and also maintain healthy plants. Coming to the design of the timer, it comes with a large dial on it. With simple controls, you can get started with this timer easily.
- It is built with high-quality materials, and the entire system is water-resistant.
- With the well-built nature, you can make use of this product for a long time.
- Just using one dial, you can get to control the complete timer.
- The timer performs the cycles if all the details are preset on it. The details include clock setting, setting the watering time, for how many days, duration of the cycle. Just set all these information, and simply Run the device.
- Another setting included here is the Rain Delay option. You can delay the process for a set duration, while it is raining at your place.
- No more watery lawns! Because you can know when to turn the faucet off at the right time.
- By doing this, you will save water as well as save lots of power source too.
- The digital display on the water timer is easy to understand and handle. Even a beginner can easily get started with this.
So, get this timer and convert your ordinary hose into a smart sprinkler system in just minutes. The timer performs the program even when the user is changing the battery. It retains the whole program for you. You can also run the manual watering option, along with the on-going program.
#2 Orbit 62034 Mechanical Watering Timer
They are run by a timed watering mechanism. For example, you can set the watering for 15 to 120 minutes. The working is similar to that of the egg timer. You need to twist the dial according to the duration you want to set, and the timer will go off with the completion of the duration.
Here the product runs on a mechanical operation, and so it does not require power for the working. Thus you can get easy, money-saving solution for the watering task.
Another cool feature found in this is the Manual Override – which can be turned on in case you are not sure about the time of the watering process.
- You can now save a lot of plants from getting soggy with the watering.
- The Orbit Mechanical Timer helps with saving water as well as bring control to the watering bill.
- Begin with this device as soon as it is out of the package. Also, the mechanical timer does not require any batteries for working.
- There is a swivel feature on this strong built Watering Timer. With quality construction, even the installation procedure is found to be easy. All these make the product last long for you.
- You can opt for timed as well as manual working on this Mechanical Watering Timer.
To get started with the timer, connect the timer to your home faucet. That’s the only thing with the installation. Rotate the large dial of the timer, and set it to the duration as per your requirement. As soon the time set by you is passed, the water flow will automatically stop.
If you wish to opt for the manual timer, then it is now possible on this Orbit Mechanical Timer. While others who want the timer set control can opt for this one too. Go with the method which is more convenient to you and your need.
#3 Nelson 56600 Shut-Off Water Timer
We have got the LR model of the Nelson Water Timer which makes many tasks like a breeze. It comes with both manual and automatic watering setting. Either you can set the time and let the device work on its own, or you can do the job manually in the manual mode.
The above ones are the main functions of this Watering Timer; you have the option of setting the automatic function to ON or OFF (manual mode). It can turn off the water flow by itself so that you don’t have to remember to do this task.
- A major portion of the device is made up of plastic. Still, they have made use of quality plastic for the making.
- The task of water shut off will now be a breeze with the help of Nelson water timer.
- All the workings are conducted with the mechanical forces. Therefore, it does not require any batteries for the running.
- The coupling done on the swivel end is using the brass metal. You will find ergonomic grip convenient for the user on the handle part.
- The maximum duration which can be set on the timer – 120 minutes, which is 2 hours.
- It is a compact device which is just 2.75 inches by height. It weighs about 7.2 ounces.
- Two main timer settings are – automatic ON or OFF. If you select the ON, the automatic mode will be set. Whereas in the OFF setting, the water flow control is set to manual mode.
- The overall cost is found to be reasonable for the features offered.
Here the time durations possible are given as 1 to 120 minutes so that you can choose the appropriate one close to your estimation. With the convenient grip, you will get the coupling of the metal swivel on this. This helps with the easy operation and handling of the water timer.
#4 Melnor Hydrologic 4-Zone Digital Water Timer
We have the high-end Hydrologic Water Timer here, with 4 zone setting. With the 4 zones, you could make use of the timer for four different hose connection. You will get the same device for 1 and 2 zones setting too, so you can opt for the one according to your need.
If you find that the garden requires many hose connection for separate works, then you can opt for the 4-zone water timer. We got the 4 zones for reviewing, so will let you know about our experience with this model.
- Here the connection nut is made out of zinc, with the non-slip grip on the handle side.
- This automatically waters up almost 24 times in one day.
- You can even set particular days for performing the watering process. They offer the option of customizing the days. Even the setting for a single day in a week is also possible on this water timer.
- All the rubberized controls come with a lot of multiple functions on it. They are easy to understand and operate too.
- One sensor included within the device saves water and your money. This action is triggered only when the device feels the need to conserve water.
- This is one of the quality choices you can make for maintaining a good healthy condition of your lawn. Proves to be helpful for all the working people.
- An easy watering schedule is now possible. You can now water four different areas (with individual setting) at the same time.
Well, this is the only water timer with the moisture sensor in it. The Melnor timer is the only device in the market with the moisture sensor on it. Using this, you can control the watering and their intensity.
Because of the many high-end features, this is costliest among all the timers discussed till now. Even the water timer with 1-zone is costly compared to the others.
#5 Gilmour Dual Outlet Electronic Water Timer
Another ultimate water-saving timer offered to you is by the Gilmour, which is more than 50 years old brand. They have always kept their promise in providing quality water, and cleaning needs to the users. It is easy to setup, and even the operating method is found to be simple.
This product claims to do the watering job in less than half time, using the dual outlets!
With the busy lifestyle, you may forget to do the watering of your garden. To solve this issue, you can buy one water timer, and connect it with your hose setting. Get the timer, set the time, and done! This way you can save your time, and avoid any over-watering condition as well.
- Easy installation, simple to operate. You can set it up for all the season long.
- You can set some time on the timer feature here. With this, you can turn the water flow on or off automatically.
- It comes with an LCD with clear and large button options written on it.
- With the presence of the dual outlets, you can get the work done quickly in less time.
- You can turn the Rain Delay setting on this, which brings a delay to the watering process. Do you need to perform the watering while it’s raining?
- For the processing, you will require 2AA batteries. It is not included with the package; you will be required to purchase them separately.
- It comes with a super warranty of 2 years! (Guess it’s the main highlight of all the features)
When you are ordering this device through Amazon, you will get two options – single as well as the dual outlet. Choose the one which best suits your need. Cost is on the higher side, but we found it all worthy of the cost. Best in Warranty so far!
#6 Gardena 31169 Mechanical Water Timer
It comes with a water timer, that can be set and left to work. As soon as the time arrives, the machine will be turned off on its own. Here the duration of the timer can range from 5 minutes – 120 minutes. With an intelligent design, you can get the watering task done in less time.
These are easy to use in nature and does the job in less time so that you could spend quality time with your creation. It is a reliable water timer, which you can use to make the watering work smooth. This will also give you some time for relaxation, and other garden maintenance work.
- Intelligent design with all easy to use controls on it.
- Gardena believes in making all the watering work easy and convenient to you. The quick processing feature helps you with saving some time for relaxation and garden maintenance too.
- One year warranty on the parts and other components. They are also providing replacement parts for free of cost if it’s within the warranty period.
- The timer on this Gardena can be set between 5-120 minutes duration. Along with this, flow of the water can also set.
- All the fittings which need to be done are easy and quick.
- Don’t worry if you forgot to turn the device off. Because it is capable of turning off the system on its own. So you can set it up, and just do other work in the meantime.
- The color of this model is grey and orange, as per the product available on Amazon.
Gardena believes in providing quality performance even after the purchase. They are offering a one-year warranty on the parts and other products. So if there is something to be repaired or replaced, then Gardena team will do that for you readily.
#7 Claber 8420 Aquadue Duplo Evolution Digital Water Timer
We all understand the importance of water in this modern time. Among all the tasks, watering the garden remains the most unnoticed task of all. If we could save on the excess amount of the water applied, then we could save a quality amount of water using such water timers.
This timer has got two outlets on it, and it can perform the watering work three times in any of the day or all days of the week. This is the advanced version of the Duplo model; it is called the Duplo Evolution. On this revived model you can set the watering task based on the calendar week as well.
- Using this timer, you can water two different areas with different watering settings.
- You can set for a week’s program on this Claber’s Digital Water Timer.
- By default, you will get the manual mode running with the 15 minutes running cycle. If you wish to modify this, then you need to manually set a different time.
- There is one large LCD on this which makes the programming easy and fun. You need to use three buttons for the execution and operation.
- With just three buttons you will be less confused, and it will also make the processing easy for you.
- You will need one Alkaline battery for the operation; this is not included with the main device. You will buy them separately.
- Even the battery power is indicated on the LCD on this Water timer.
When the timer is set in the manual mode, you can carry out watering work in between the cycles. It can even stop the ongoing process without much affecting the changes made.
Both the outlet hoses are independent of each other and can be programmed uniquely ranging from 1 minute upto 23 hours. Even seven days advance setting is also possible on this.
#8 Melanor Daily Water Timer
Next on the list is yet another Melanor product, this is the Daily Water Timer by Melanor. This comes with the Egg Timer design on it. Considering the design of this water timer, you will find rims on one end for connecting the hoses. On the other end, you will get a faucet structure. So, you have to use this water timer by turning the faucet on.
You can make use of this also in case of low-pressure drips, and also for the soaker hoses. You can now save on the water and prevent all th over-watering sessions. Just set the timer, and start the process. As soon as the time arrives to end the working, the timer will go off automatically and end the watering process.
- Garden Watering has never been this much easier before. Get the Daily Water Timer, and know the real fun of having a timer programming.
- Just set the time, and that’s pretty much you need to do! The water timer will stop the flow of the water as soon as the time set by you arrives.
- It will help you out with saving your time – during the timer session you can carry out some other activities.
- The working procedure is pretty simple. You need to attach the timer to the faucet connection, and then turn the faucet on.
- Next step is to set the particular timer for the watering. Here the time options can range from 15 minutes to as high as 2 hours also.
- Here the shut-off process is gentle enough to prevent the condition of pipe-banging.
With this device on hand, you can enjoy those Lemonade sessions in the evening and let the device do its work. It comes with the egg timer design, which also contributes to the simplicity of the Water Timer.
#9 Instapark MWT-08 Outdoor Shut off Water Timer
It also comes with an egg timer design, and the working is also pretty same on this. Using the dialer provided on this timer, you can choose between 1 minute and 2 hours. As soon as the time arrives, the timer will automatically stop the water flow.
You can even make use of the faucet for normal use without requiring the need to remove the timer. It runs with the mechanical force and does not require any batteries for the operation. This is compatible with all the standard garden hoses with the 3/4″ (Garden Hose Standard) thread.
- Shock-resistant and water-proof material is used in the making of this Water Timer.
- As soon as the time expires, the water timer will automatically shut down and stop the water flow.
- No batteries required for the working and the timer can be set to a maximum of 2 hours.
- You can make use of the faucet for normal use even without removing the timer.
- It comes with an easy-to-read manual, which is the best for getting started with this device.
- Instapark Water Timer has got the design similar to that of the egg timer, while the processing is also found to be similar.
- Working is same. Set the timer using the mechanical dial provided on it, and as soon as the time strikes the watering stops.
- The pressure ranges between 15 to 120 PSI for this water timer.
- Working is simple, you just have to set the time, and that’s it!
It has got a slip-resistant property on the elastomer used here. With this, you can easily connect the timer to any standard garden hose. You don’t have to remove the timer for using the faucet. Keep on the timer, and still, you can make use of the faucet for other general uses.
#10 Instapark PWT-07 Outdoor Water Faucet Hose Timer
This is a battery-run hose timer, and it requires 2 AA batteries. However, the product does not include the batteries, so you need to purchase them separately for getting with the timer. You can attach this timer with any standard garden hose, this way you can increase the functionalities.
Coming to the programming part, you will get one over-sized dial on this. You can control the water frequency and the duration on this, which also makes the device user-friendly in the best possible way. You can set this up at various places like flowerbeds, greenhouse, yards, etc. All this is possible because of the water-resistant nature of this Water Timer.
With one rotating dial, you will get four self-explanatory buttons which are easy to understand and use. The LCD can be quickly understood, and it comes with a cool, user-friendly interface.
- Strong built quality, with water-resistant property present here.
- A major part of the device is made of plastic. The water-resistant construction makes it apt for using for more variety of purposes. This water timer material is waterproof, with the number of IP66.
- You can set this up for your home use as well as for irrigational activity.
- The LED display comes with a dust cover on it, and you will get a no-slip grip on the timer.
- There is a detachable compartment which is designed particularly for the batteries.
- Here you will also find a bar graph indicator which will show the battery present on the water timer.
- The duration of the timer can be anything from 24 hours, 48 hours, and 72 hours). They also provide the Rain Delay choice. This will help with dealing these type of people.
With a maximum PSI score of 116, you can be sure about the water flow speed coming out through this timer hose. It helps with saving water along with saving your energy bills too.
You have to be clear with the type of the timer you are looking for. Other factors include the efficiency, cost, and the amount of the space you are considering. So, first be sure and clear with all these points. For more updates from us, follow WaterGadget!