The watering globes are a very effective and convenient way of providing the plant with water. If you are planning to go on a vacation, then the watering globes can take care of the plants for up to a week. Here are some of the amazing Self Watering Ideas for the Garden that you will definitely love!
Nowadays the self-watering ideas are very popular among the plant lovers and gardeners. With such kind of things, the water is released slowly to the roots where the plants need the most. This way the soil will remain moist for a long time that will ultimately save the plant from wilting.
You can also easily make a self-watering object at your home in a very less time. These self-watering ideas are easy-to-use, green, and saves a lot of costs compared to the conventional watering objects. Now in the further section of this article, let’s start discussing the great watering ideas for the garden.
Self Watering Ideas for the Garden
The self-watering ideas are the object that every gardener love as it makes your task easier of watering the plants. You just have to fill it with water and insert into a pot that contains the plant. The main idea is to release water slowly into the soil that reaches the root of the plant.
- Bottle watering:-
- This is one of the easy and popular self-watering idea that you can use in your garden. For this, you can use any type of water bottle or wine bottle. Firstly, you have to remove the label from the bottle by using warm water or glue remover.
- Fill this bottle with water and quickly turn over the bottle into the pot of the plant. Make sure you have made the hole certain inches underground to easily accommodate the bottle. Now the water will release slowly into the soil to keep it evenly moist all the time. This water bottle will last for several days.
- Large container or bottle:-
- This type of self-watering technique is useful for the plants that need constant amount of water. You can use a large container or 2-liter water bottle for such type of plants. For this, you have to cut the top opening of the bottle or bottom and place it under the soil.
- After that make holes in the body of the water bottle and also make a large hole in the soil to bury the bottle. Now the water will slowly seep out from the bottle into the soil. This will help in keeping the soil moist for a long time.
- As the soil will remain moist for a long time, then the growth of the plant will be maintained. This will prevent the plant from wilting. It will also help in developing the deep root system of the plant.
You can use any of the above two methods that best suits according to your needs. Both the methods are very easy to implement and can be made with the help of the recycled objects. You can go on a vacation as these self-watering ideas will take care of your garden and plants.
After you have installed the water bottle in the pot, make sure there is no leakage from the bottle. If you notice such problem, then it is prudent to take the bottle out and install it again with proper care. This self-watering idea is very effective and will help keep your garden happy when you are on a vacation.
Now that you all know the Self Watering Idea for the Garden, tell us which watering idea you like the most. Also, don’t forget to share your thoughts on this subject. Drop them down and let us know at Water Gadget. Thank you.