The main purpose of a Water Dispenser is to dispense water, which is stored in a bottled container. You will also find water cooler dispenser, which cools the water and then dispenses as per user’s requirement.
Now talking about the maintenance, the dispenser units are easy on the maintenance end.
It is important to regularly clean the dispenser unit, and it is recommended to clean the machine whenever you change the bottle.
How to Clean a Water Dispenser
So when the dispenser is clean, we can say that you are using clean water. Therefore it is essential to keep this water dispenser free from any dirt.
We will check out all the steps to be performed for getting this job done for the Best Water Dispenser! The process is given as follows:
- First, you have to prepare one solution. For the preparation, you will need one gallon of water. Pour this water into a bucket, consider a bucket with a handle on it.
- Now next step will be to add bleach to the bucket containing water. Add one tablespoon of bleach into the 1-gallon water. It is preferable that you make use of unscented bleach here. Now you need to simply mix the solution, and make sure that you choose the right place for doing this job. Disposable gloves can also be used, just as a precaution.
- Instead of the bleach, you can also make use of vinegar for serving the same purpose.
- While you are making the use of vinegar, you will need some undiluted vinegar and one container. To reduce the scent of the vinegar, you can add some drops of lemon juice in it.
- For adding water in the vinegar solution, add three parts of water for one part of the vinegar. If you wish to add lemon juice, then add it after mixing the water and vinegar solution entirely.
- Thus, the solution is all set to be used. Next step will be to clean the dispenser unit. For this, first, you have to unplug the system from the wall. Then lift the bottled container from the top of the dispenser.
- Next, you will need one sponge. Take a medium sized sponge, wet it. Then using this, gently wipe the interior portion of the water dispenser. Here the sponge has to be dipped into the cleansing solution made in the previous step. You can make use of bleach solution or the vinegar one.
- After you have wiped the interior portion, let the unit stand for 2-5 minutes.
- The next step to be performed here is to drain the solution, using a running tap water. And finally, drain the water out of the system into a sink or a washroom floor. The only aim of us is to drain the interiors of the dispenser and make it as it was before.
- If you find any cleansing solution left out or you find any odor of it, you can perform a rinsing process again. Pour the dispenser with water; you may have to pour four times and then dispense the solution through the tap. Repeat the process till you find the dispenser completely free from the cleanser solution.
- It is your duty to keep in check the state of the container. Make sure that it does not have any cleansing residue left.
- Next step will be to lift the drip tray and scrub it well. Then rinse it properly under tap water, perform the same on the screen if your dispenser has got one. And then let the components dry, because moisture can degrade the quality of the dispenser system.
- Now, wash your hands properly. Then using a towel, dry the new bottle which is required to be set above the dispenser unit.
- Place this new bottle on the top of the dispenser. Watch out for the air bubbles in the water, which indicate that the bottle is set rightly.
- Finally, run the unit, and dispense some water into a glass. Drink the water, and make sure that there is no unpleasant odor or taste present in the dispensed water.
There you go, the dispenser unit is now cleaned, and ready to go for you! As soon as you are done with Buying a Water Dispenser, then the next step is to know the maintenance and cleaning procedure.
Hope you guys liked this post on How to Clean a Water Dispenser, and this helped you in making your maintenance work easier. If you come across any difficulty with it, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. [source]