Find the Best Water Flosser Reviews – Top Picks of 2017 in this post update. Know which of the current models is ranking in the market in terms of performance, warranty, and features.
Among all the selected units, the Top Recommendation remains the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser. It comes with 10 different water pressure settings along with 7 tips which can be used for different purposes. 3 Years of warranty & 90 seconds of Reservoir Capacity will act as cherry on the top. This is the complete family pack.
Best Countertop Water Flossers: If you are looking out for specifically a Countertop Flosser unit, then go with this H2ofloss® Quiet Design Countertop Oral Irrigator. This unit doesn’t make any sound while in operation and is also 100% Waterproof.
Best Cordless Water Flosser: Among all the Cordless units, the Waterpik Cordless Freedom remains the Best Recommendation from our side. This product is easy to operate in nature, and the cordless feature makes it convenient to use as well.
Best Combination Water Flosser & Toothbrush: You won’t find any option better than the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser in this category. The main purpose of the product is to work as a water flosser, but it has got a Toothbrush Tip included. It is also found to be almost 93% more effective than the regular flossing.
Best Water Flosser Reviews – Our Top Picks of 2018
List of Best Water Flosser
Combo, Brushing and Flossing
1.08 Yr. / 400 Days
We have enlisted our winner which can be said the best available products for your teeth as of now. We are keeping it updated with an aim to provide you all the latest launched water flosser of 2017.
#1 Our Recommendation: Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser, WP-660
It is the Best Seller product on the Amazon website currently. And the first Recommendation according to our opinion. The processing of the unit is easy, and you can now effectively remove floss using the Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser. You will get healthier gums, and brighter teeth in just a minute of using it. Waterpik Aquarius water flosser, wp-660 comes with a floss and massage mode, which provides with a pressure performance. You will find 10 pressure settings on this device, around 7 water flossing tips, and a water capacity of 90 seconds. There are 2 flossing modes present in this unit. One is the Floss Mode, and the other one is the Hydro-Pulse Massage Mode. In the Floss Mode, a different type of pulse modulation technique is used for plaque removal. And in the Hydro-Pulse Massage mode, gum stimulation is performed in an enhanced form. The dimension of the unit is 5.9 x 6.6 x 9.2 in inches, and the weight is around 1.8 pounds. This weight is the shipping weight. It just takes one minute of the day, for using this flosser system. And also it can use by anyone who has got implants, water flosser for braces or has got periodontal pockets. This product makes use of a unique technology of both water pressure and pulsations. This helps in deep cleaning between the teeth and just below the gum-line area. This also helps in removing many other kinds of bacteria, which an ordinary brush fails to reach out and clean. Some of the other features present in this water flosser include water flow control on the handle. And others include, getting a cover for the tip storage, the two unique modes of processing. You will also get a high volume covered storage place which provides a 90-seconds of water capacity. Also read on Cleaning waterpik flosser, so that you get the efficiency and performance maintained all the time you use it.
Things We Liked
- This product is compact in design, thus helps in easy handling of it
- You could easily control pressure with the finger tips on this water flosser
- This comes with a On/Off button on the flosser handle itself
- A new unique technology is used for the working of Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser, wp-660
Things We Liked
- Some leakage issues reported for this product
The only issue found with this product is that there are some leakages found in the flosser unit. Other than this we haven’ t come across any serious issue with it. Overall reviews of the product have been good, and this product has been used by a large number of users. It also comes at an affordable rate. Thus it can be bought by almost all the users.
#2 Waterpik Complete Care Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush
This system is a combination of both flosser and toothbrush in one product. It helps in removing plaque, and debris found between the teeth, and just below the gum-line. This reached out to the locations where the traditional brushes does not reach out properly. The size of the reservoir provided in this unit is high in volume. It comes with 90 seconds of water capacity with it. Here you will get sonic toothbrush technology which has got 25% speed in the bristles. This speed is higher than most of the other brushes available in the market. Waterpik Water Flosser Combo comes with a space saving design in it and has got only one outlet in this. This product is known for its ability of brushing, and flossing along with a space saving design. While using water flosser, you can save counter space as well as other power outlets too. The dimension of the flosser is given as 7.5 x 9 x 9.2 in inches. The shipping weight of the product is around 3.2 pounds for this. This product also comes along with some clinically proven results, and we will check out some of them. The Waterpik Complete Care has got the ability to remove almost 99% of the Plaque. It is 50% more effective in improving the condition of the gums. The brush used in this is 159% more effective compared to the traditional toothbrushes for gum health. The manufacturers are so sure that your gums will get improved with the use of this product. It comes with a 30-days cash back guarantee. You will find a chart, which will provide you with all the information related to the right flosser for you.
Things We Liked
- This product can be easily handled, since it has got simple controls on it
- It comes with a pause operation button on the handle of the water flosser
- The flosser product comes along with a professional touch toothbrush here
- You will get a case along with this unit, which can be used while you are traveling
Things We Liked
- The quality of the battery used here is found to be low
- Issues related to the charging reported for this water flosser
Talking about the drawbacks found in this unit, we came across two problems with this flosser. One is related to the battery present in this unit and found to be low quality. And the second issue is related to the charging feature included with this flosser system. This is one of the best Waterpik water flosser combo pack. Checking on the Amazon website, we found that this product has got 3000+ reviews. And overall ratings of the product is found to be pretty good on the same online portal. The price is also worth the functions provided by the flosser.
#3 Panasonic EW-DJ10-A Portable Dental Water Flosser
This product has got the ability to remove all the food particle and debris found between the teeth efficiently. You can use this product at home or even when you are away from your home using the cordless water flosser design present in it. You will receive a better dental care using this water flosser product. Panasonic EW-DJ10-A comes with three flosser settings in it, and they are Deep, Normal and the Lower-speed pulsing. The Deep setting is for the targeted treatment, Normal is for the daily cleaning. The last one Lower-Speed pulsing is for the kids, for treating sensitive teeth and gums. The device is 100% waterproof, and also you will find cordless design in this. This will help you in handling the flosser easily and at your convenience. There are two flosser nozzles present in the product, and there is a setting of AC charging available here. The Portable Water Flosser comes with a collapsing feature in it. This feature helps in fitting the unit in bags while you are travelling. You will get high-powered pulses here which will provide gentle and effective cleaning. There is a feature of dual-speed pulse for getting enhanced dental care. The dimension of the product is given by 2 x 2.7 x 8.6 in inches. As mentioned before, you could choose any one setting which is best suitable for you and your gum. This unit is also washable in nature, thus you can clean the unit under running water after your usage. It is recommended to use a lukewarm water for cleaning the product here. The main key features included in this product are- cordless flossing experience, the three different pressure settings, washable nature of the unit, and finally the 1500 water jet pulses in a minute feature.
Things We Liked
- You will to use cordless unit here, thus making it convenient in the best way
- Panasonic EW-DJ10-A water flosser is 100% waterproof in nature
- The design found in this flosser product is lightweight
- Different pressure settings present in one flosser product
Things We Liked
- Some issue found related to the On/Off button here
- The customer care team is found to be less supportive
Discussing the issues found in the unit, we got some reports regarding the issue related to the On/Off button. Also the customer care service of this product is reportedly less cooperative here. This system is more affordable compared to the unit discussed in the previous section. And it has been reviewed by a good number of customers on the Amazon website.
#4 H2ofloss® Quiet Design Countertop Oral Irrigator
The product name itself says that the working of the unit is Quiet. Indeed this oral irrigator does not make any noise while it is in the running stage. The product is offered to you by H2ofloss brand. The designing found here is 100% waterproof in nature, and it makes the only 50dB sound while operating. The pressure regarding PSI is given here, and it ranges between 5-110 in this. You will also find a pause button along with the unit. Select the suitable pressure, and opt for the lowest setting to stop the water coming out of the flosser. You could easily operate H2ofloss® Quiet Design Countertop Oral Irrigator, as it has got easy controls on it. Here you could use one side for holding the tip, and the other end for dealing with the water. This system comes along with 12 multifunctional tips in it, which can be used for different purposes. The different tips can be used as jet tips, orthodontic tips, nasal tips, tongue cleaning tips, periodontal tips, etc. Here you will get to experience 1200 pulses/minute frequency. This frequency is the most appealing one, as per a Best Water Flosser product survey. The dimension of the unit is 8.4 x 6.5 x 10.2 in inches, and the weight is around 3.8 pounds. This product is found to be effective than the regular toothbrush and dental floss. If you start using this system only for a minute every day, you could reduce the plaque marks significantly. The other best features of this product is that, you will get to use pulsating water in this. And the next feature is the quiet working nature of this flosser. The product makes use of precise technology. With the addition of new components in this, you will find quiet working here when compared to other oral irrigators.
Things We Liked
- Quality product at the best affordable rates compared to other units
- The water flosser comes with many tips choices with this brand
- The appearance of the product is great, and has got a sleek design as well
- Flosser unit does not make any sound while it is in operation
Things We Liked
- The quality of the material used in the making is of poor quality
- Some leakage issues reported for this
Some issues found in this unit include the reports regarding the quality of the material used for making the unit. Also some leakage problems were mentioned related to this unit. The price of this flosser product is economical. The product has received some pretty good ratings on Amazon. Also, many of its users have recommended the same product to other consumers looking out for a quality water flosser.
Other popular reads: Water Flosser vs Flossing vs Brushing | Options Compared
#5 Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser
The water jet technique used in this product is found to be 93% more efficient than the flossing technique. You will find advanced controls on this unit, which lets you get 10 to 90 PSI of pressure. And the pulses found in a minute is around 1200 in this flosser product. Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is found to be effective in removing bacteria, and other debris formed. This will be present between the teeth, and below the gum-line. This oral treatment is also suitable for those who have got braces, any gum disease. It can be used by all the diabetic patients as well. This oral treatment is also suitable for those who have got braces, any gum disease. It can be used by all the diabetic patients as well. We will get to see six color-coded tips on this flosser system. Make sure that you rinse the flosser well after usage. This will help to remove any chance of calcification of sugar present in the hose or reservoir of the product. The dimension of the unit is given as 7 x 9 x 6 in inches, and it weighs around 3 pounds. This Waterpik Ultra unit comes with 10 different pressure settings to provide healthier gums. And, Waterpik is definitely one of the best brands for dental treatment, and is also a trustworthy one. You will find the design of Waterpik Water Flosser ultra similar to the Premium dental water jets And it has got a lot of options in the accessories section, for using the product. There is a lid for the tip storage in it, and there are in total 6 tips included in this. There is a lid for the tip storage in it, and there are in total 6 tips included in this. The tips included here are 2 Classic Jet Tips, one Plaque Seeker Tip, Pick Pocket Tip, Orthodontic Tip, and a Toothbrush Tip. It works in a quieter mode here, and comes with a high volume reservoir.
Things We Liked
- Get to use 10 pressure settings provided here, and choose the suitable pressure.
- It is a clinically proven product, and is also recommended by a good number of doctors.
- The operation found in this product is quiet, almost it makes no noise while in operation.
- This works perfect for the people who have got braces too
Things We Liked
- Working is found to be fine, but some users have mentioned that it is less durable.
- Some leakage issues found related to the handle of this Waterpik Water Flosser
Checking out the limitations of the unit, we found that this unit does not last for an expected time period. Along with this some leakage issues near to the handle were reported. The product has been loved by many of its users. Also, this Waterpik Ultra system has been reviewed by almost 6000+ users on Amazon website. You could get to buy this flosser unit at a good and reasonable rate from the same site.
#6 Waterpik Cordless Freedom Water Flosser
Here comes another flosser unit by Waterpik brand, and this is Waterpik Cordless Freedom. This is a clinically proven product and known for the ease of handling. Also, it is one of the effective ways for doing floss treatment. You could get healthier gums, and brighter teeth within a minute of use. The product is found to be best suitable for small bathrooms, and also for a traveling person. This is because of the portable nature of this flosser product. It runs on battery, so there is no need for charging the unit. There are no outlets present in this water flosser product too. Another quality is that it is waterproof in nature, and so it can also be used by you while in the shower. There are two pressure modes present in this, three water flossing tips, and comes with one travel bag here. The dimension of Waterpik Cordless Water Flosser is given as 12 x 12 x 12 in inches, and the weight is given as 1 pound here. You will find easy working here, as it begins with filling the reservoir with water here. Now take the tip of the unit to the gum-line, and perform the floss operation. In case you have got sensitive teeth, then make use of warm water. Then do the mouthwash in the end. The key features of this Water Flosser unit are; first is the portability feature. Second, comes the cordless design, where you won’t have to face any trouble with the machine cord. Along with this it has got a dual pressure control mechanism which lets the user to adjust the pressure easily. You will get a travel bag along with the unit, and this can help you with carrying the unit while you are travelling.
Things We Liked
- It has got easy handling of the unit, thus even a newbie can easily understand the working here
- Product is cordless, therefore provides the best in terms of convenience
- Waterproof is another feature, which gives you a chance of using the unit under shower
Things We Liked
- The batteries get worn out easily, which is provided with the flosser
- Pressure is found to be less as expected, as mentioned by some of the users
There is no product which comes flawless, and this unit has got a bit issues. The batteries are not long lasting ones. And the pressure present with the system is reportedly low. Overall, users have given good ratings for this Water Flosser option. Indeed some issues are found, yet the processing is well appreciated by many. Amazon ratings are pretty decent, and it comes within an affordable range. Therefore, all in all, we give a thumbs up for this choice.
#7 Gurin Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator
This is an updated feature of the previous brand unit. They arrive with high quality and rechargeable batteries. It is found to be easy to fill a tank in this oral irrigator. Here the motor does not make any noise while it is in operation. It is a BPA-free, and approved by FDA. Also the reservoir is found to be extra large, and has got removable feature with it. This reservoir can be refilled easily whenever it is required. There are three modes of operation present on this, and they are namely normal soft and pulse. The dimension is given by 11.5 x 5.8 x 3.3 in inches, and the weight is around 14.4 ounces. Gurin Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator helps in performing the water flosser treatment to be done in an easy manner. It provides the best kind of support for teeth and gum treatment at home. You will find two colour coded system here, and comes with interchangeable tips are included for multiple users. These interchangeable tips are rotating in nature, which is specially for multiple users. The voltage input is the universal one, 100 to 240V. Frequency requirement is 50-60Hz. This oral irrigator is lightweight, and also rechargeable. This oral irrigator provides the most effective method to get healthy and proper teeth and gums at home. If you perform the irrigation process on a daily basis, then it will help in keeping your teeth cleaner. We will get to experience a fresh, and happy mouth with continuous use of this irrigator. The process of irrigation is found to be easier, and also less abrasive than the string floss. Also it acts actively on the debris formed between the teeth and the part below the gum-line.
Things We Liked
- This product is portable in nature, thus you can travel carrying this flosser system
- Design is compact, thus you can save good amount of space on the counter
- The spray present in this is powerful, and effective for cleaning
- Quality of the flosser unit is found to be pretty good
Things We Liked
- Similar issues related to the leakage found even in this water flosser systems
- No other serious issues found with this flosser
Talking about the limitations of the unit, we found some leakage issues only here. Other than this, the system has been doing great for the users. Overall the product reviews have been good. Till now, not many users have used this product still the users who have personally used this flosser unit are happy with it. The cost of the product is a decent one and is economical for most of the users.
#8 SmarToiletries Professional Cordless 3-Mode Rechargeable Waterproof Oral Irrigator
Next product which we are going to check out here is the SmarToiletries unit. There are three pressure modes present in this rechargeable oral irrigator. These modes will be indicated using the LED lights provided on the irrigator handle in this. You will find 4 Jet Tips in this unit. Water capacity found here is of 45 seconds period. It comes with a dual design specifically for water refilling. Also this unit is the ideal solution for the people with implants, and one important investment for the users with braces. If you perform the oral irrigation daily, then it could help you out in cleaning the teeth more than what a traditional brush could do. And most of the dentists have recommended this product for having healthier teeth and gums. This will ultimately reduce the situation of gum disease. The length of water flosser with the tip is 7 and a half inches long, and with the tip, it is 11 inches long. And the width is given by 3 inches. The shipping weight of the product is 1.1 pounds. Here the batteries required are the lithium metal batteries. The other key features of the system is that, it is cordless in nature. Thus you could use it easily, thus making it convenient for you. This system is waterproof in design, and does not make much noise while it is in operation.
Things We Liked
- The unit can be filled easily after one use of the product
- Customer service of this SmarToiletries is reportedly good and supportive
- It comes with a great warranty feature
- Also the handling is found to be simple, as it has got easy controls on this irrigator
Things We Liked
- Some reliability issues were reported against this oral irrigator
- While some problems were regarding the high pressure even on the lowest mode here
Checking the limitations of the unit, we got some reliability related complaints for this unit. And the other issue was found that the pressure was found to be high even when the lowest mode was selected on this device. This product has been reviewed by almost 100+ users on Amazon, and more than half of them have given complete stars. Also this product comes at a reasonable rate, thus there are no cost issues with this. This product is an effective solution for the people who have got implants. Also it has been looked upon as a better option compared to the string flossing choice.
#9 Nicefeel® Water Flosser Oral Irrigator Dental Care
The main property of this unit is the powerful pulsation, which is present in this. It is helpful in removing debris and other harmful bacteria if present between teeth and gum-line. If you wish to keep the gum health maintained, then this unit can help you out in the best way. You need to set with 10 water pressure and the pulsations for getting rid of the debris found in your mouth. These bacteria and debris formed will not be removed by regular flossing. So you need to use this oral irrigator for getting the job done for you. The nozzle present in this unit could rotate around 360°. Thus it could reach out to all the parts of the mouth. You could also perform low abrasion cleaning using this product of the tooth, and also of the pocket gums. There is a switch present on the handle which could stop the flow temporarily for some time. The dimension of water flosser is given as 7 x 4.1 x 8.6 in inches, and the complete unit weighs around 2 pounds. It comes with seven flossing tips included with it. The water capacity is 90 seconds here and 600ML volume. There are 7 tips included in this, and we will list all of them here. First one is the 3 ordinary high-pressure tips for regular use. They come with 3 color rings on them. Then there is 1 unit of various tips like the tongue cleaner, periodontal, orthodontic, and dental plaque tip. This way you can act on various issues with the different functional tips provided here. After using this, you will also agree to the thing that this one is one of the best gum treatment solutions. You could perform massage, cleaning, and improve the blood circulation in the gums using this.
Things We Liked
- One of the best options for the people with braces
- You could get the job done easily using this oral irrigator product
- The cost of the system is found to be most affordable compared to most of the other choices
- It has got easy controls, thus it found to be simple in operation
Things We Liked
- The pressure is found to be low in this product
- Also there were some complaints related to the leakage found for this unit
Some of the issues found in this unit were related to the low pressure found in this oral irrigator. And finally there were complaints regarding minor leakage problems in this unit. This product has been loved by many of the users of this product. Ratings of this best water flosser have been good as per Amazon website. Talking about the cost, you could get this at a super decent price. So don’t forget to consider this option!
#10 H2ofloss® Rechargeable All-around Cleaning
Using this product you could perform all-teeth cleaning. Also, you could place the oral irrigator at any angle that one would wish to. You could use any one out of the six pressure settings available here. The pressure range between 10 to 110 PSI, so choose the suitable one for your use. The size of this product is similar to that of the cellphone. Thus it helps in carrying the product while you are travelling. Here you will find 1200 Pulses/minute frequency, and this is known as the most comfortable range. The reservoir can store upto 300ML here, and it is also easy to clean in nature. The dimension of H2ofloss® Rechargeable All-around Cleaning is given as 8.7 x 3 x 4.5 in inches, and it weighs around 1.4 pounds. It is claimed as a better option compared to the toothbrush and string floss. If you use this unit only for a minute daily, then you could see a significant difference in the plaque formations. Tips used here are professionally designed, and found to be best for treating for dental bridge, and other case of orthodontics. Pulsating water present here has the ability to massage the gums, and helps in maintaining their good health. We already mentioned about the strong pulsating water here, and the highest pressure that can be set here is 110PSI. And this pressure is found to be 20% stronger than all the other portable units available. The pulsating frequency is around 1200 units in one minute. Looking at the efficiency in this unit, it is said to perform better compared to all the other general oral irrigators. The next feature of the product is that it is user-friendly in nature. This flossing mechanism comes with 6 pressure settings, thus making it suitable for all kinds of users.
Things We Liked
- It can effectively clean the teeth thoroughly, as it capable of performing well
- The unit has got a compact design, so it can be carried while travelling with less efforts
- Reservoir is large in size, and it can be cleaned easily too
Things We Liked
- Design of the product could be improved a bit
We didn’t any serious issue with this unit other than one designing factor. The design and the construction is something that can be improved. And other than this, we didn’t find any problem with this oral irrigator system.
You could easily get this product at a good and affordable rate on Amazon. There are not many users who have used this unit, but it has received a complete star rating by many of the buyers on Amazon.
Why do Dentists recommend Water Flossers?
Now not all the products listed by us are dentist recommended. The simple reason is that not all the products have got the same efficiency with it. The right water flosser helps in maintaining the teeth and keeps the bottom of the gum-line clean. Thus giving you a happy and refreshing mouth!
Here we will list out some of the main reasons on why the system of water flossers are recommended. They are as follows:
- Number 1 reason is that this unit is highly effective regarding removing plaque issues. By using the flossers, we can remove almost 99% of the Plaque found in the mouth.
- You could strengthen your gums by using the Water Flosser. It is also found to be better treatment compared to the string floss solution.
- Also, it is proved that only by brushing the teeth, you won’t be able to maintain your teeth properly. You could maintain almost five times better by making use of the water flosser.
- If you have got braces then using a water floss could prove to be really good for you. Many people undergo string floss treatment. But water flosser is found to be three times better solution compared to the string floss.
- It is also found to be a good suggested option for the people who have undergone any implants. This is found to be twice effective than the string floss.
- And the final obvious reason is that all the people are foodies! And when they eat food, the particles of the food get stuck between teeth. If you don’t floss every day, then you are definitely at risk.
- The other reason on why dentists recommend the unit is the simplicity. Most of the people use dental floss and face with a lot of pain and efforts while using it. After using the water floss unit, most of the people have stopped using the string floss afterward.
So these are the various reasons why Water Flossers are recommended by the dentists. This is a one step solution for many oral problems. The problems covered here include gum related issues, plaque, implants, and also good for the people wearing the braces.
So if you consider buying one unit for yourself, then just know that it is going to do better for your mouth. Now we will check out some other topics related to the water flosser units.
What is a Water Flosser?
This is a substance that can be used for the home purpose. The main purpose of using this is for improving oral health. Thus you could maintain great oral health even when you are at home.
Most of the Water Flosser include three main parts, and they are, a motor with pump, the reservoir tank, and finally the unique flosser tips.
Here the motor and pump produces pulsating water and produces pressure. This pressure allows water to travel from the water reservoir, and thus reaches the mouth. The water comes through the various flosser tips which come along with the water flosser system.
Checking the history of the product, the first Oral Irrigator was developed in the year 1962 by Gerald Moyer. Also, Gerald was assisted with engineer John Mattingly for the production of this flosser product.
The main feature of using the water flosser is that it helps in removing plaque, and other food particles with ease. This method is found to be more effective, easy to use, and more comfortable than the usual string floss systems.
It is proven good for getting healthier gums. Here the flosser unit stimulates the gum tissues, which gives the addon benefits for the user. Thus these are the various tasks performed by a simple Water Flosser product.
Why Choose a Water Flosser?
There are many reasons which force you with buying one Water Flosser unit for yourself. We all are aware of the fact that the gum diseases are more vulnerable nowadays specifically among the adults. And most probably your dentist might have recommended for using a Water Flosser.
So is there any difference with buying and using one such unit? Or Will it make any difference to the teeth and the gums?
For your information, almost 50% of the gum diseases can be solved more effectively by making use of Water Flossers. If you experience gum bleeding after a floss treatment, this means that you have got sensitive gum. And you must consider one water floss in such case.
The second scenario is that you have got braces. In such case, it will be near to impossible to take a string floss. Here you can try a water floss treatment, and if it worked for you, then you can continue the at your home.
Also, you could get different Tips which can be used by specific user. In the same way, you will find Orthodontic Tip which is specially made for the patients with braces. The flossing method can be adopted by the people who have got braces.
We could solve the plaque issues with this water flosser unit quickly. You can also set the lowest pressure if needed on this flosser and get your job done. This unit is also suitable for men, women, and some unique settings can be applied for kid’s usage too.
So these are the major reasons why one should consider buying one Water Flosser for their gum health.
Here the only task that you have to perform is to set the right pressure on the Water Flosser. This will create the right water pulsation according to the user, and there you go!
Is Water Flossing Messy?
The answer is It Depends.
If you use the system in the right method, then it won’t cause any mess for you. But instead, if you are using the flosser in a wrong manner, then it may turn into a Big Mess!
So the best way to escape from causing mess is to understand the right way of using the flosser.
Starting with the main purpose of using this product.
Here a jet of pulsating water is used for removing food particles or any plaque formations found.
We will list out the step by step process on using the Water Flosser unit rightly. And they are as follows:
- First you have to fill the reservoir with water provided to you. Enter the tank till the allowable level, which is marked on the Water Flosser unit. It is preferred that you use warm water, and it is proved to be the best option if you have got sensitive teeth. In the pressure settings, you could set at least set it at 8 for the Classic Jet Tip.
- When you turn the system on, just make sure that your hand is on the Pause button. To avoid splashing, you can slightly close your mouth and let the water move out of your mouth and towards the sink.
- You can start the processing from the teeth of the above row or the bottom one. It doesn’t much matter. After working, you need to clean up the cheek, and also the lip side of the teeth as well as the cheek.
- Next place the tip of the flosser should make a right angle with the teeth. Then you have to pause for some time here, keeping the flosser tip near to the teeth. This should be done before you start cleaning the place between the teeth, and bottom part of the gum-line.
- If you have got braces, then you need to follow the similar steps as listed above.
So there you are, follow the steps and get the flosser job done swiftly. Flosser creating the mess is a myth, but yes it will be a bit messy as you are dealing with teeth and gum issues here! But this does not decrease it’s worth. Follow the right way, and get the Flossing done carefully. And finally, you won’t create any mess with it.
In the next section, we will check out some of the Key Features of the Water Flosser product.
Water Flosser Features
We will check out some of the key features which are available on most of the Water Flosser units. They are as follows:
1. The water flosser unit can be used by multiple users. This product comes along with different flosser tips with it, and also they are distinguished from the unique color rings present on some brand. Therefore, you have to just replace the tip with another tip. Thus, the same system can be used by the complete family.
2. Next is the water reservoir provided here in the flosser unit. The size of the water tank depends on the construction as well as the type of the water flosser. For example in some water flosser units, the storage is 7 ounces, while some systems have got 35 ounces.
Here the time taken for flossing for one complete reservoir varies based on the pressure setting and the size of the reservoir. Some of the tips which can be followed for extending flossing time is, to clean and dry the tank after each use. For proper hygiene, you could also use a lid for the reservoir too.
3. Some units come along with rotating tip, that is the base of the tip could be rotated. This helps in placing the tip and working swiftly on all spaces within the mouth. Here you can use the thumb for adjusting the tip as per your need.
4. Most of the units are compatible with 120V AC supply and 60 Hz outlets.
5. First, feature is the adjustable water pressure. These pressure settings help in controlling the force of the water which ejects through the water flosser. Now not all the users can bear the same pressure. Some may prefer one pressure setting, which won’t be preferable for other users. It is recommended, to begin with, the slow pressure setting, and then increase the pressure level gradually.
Now, these pressure settings differ from one unit to another. Also, we have got many types in water flosser like the countertop, cordless units, and others. So pressure adjustments are found to be varying for each type.
6. There are some special features, which are available only in some selected models. One of them is the water control settings on the handle itself. You may find one On/Off button on the handle. While some include a button for temporarily Pausing or Stopping with the unit running behind.
7. For removing the water flosser tip, the system comes with an eject button. This button needs to be pressed while you have to take the tip from the unit. And when you attach the tip, make sure it click on to the flosser rightly.
8. You can get a good selection choice in terms of color here. So choose the color which will suit your bathroom design.
9. There are many unique modes available with the flosser system, and the common one is the Floss Mode. Some units like the Waterpik models have got Hydro-Pulse Mode for massaging. This helps in giving the right kind of treatment which provides a gum stimulation.
10. You will get some pauses within 30 seconds, which reminds you of working on the other row of teeth. All the flosser unit has got a recommended cleaning time. And, when this time exceeds the working time then you will get a pause in the unit.
These are the various features that you will find with a normal Water Flosser product. All these features aim at providing safety to the users. Also, this makes the working of the unit interesting with unique functionalities it has got.
Water Flosser Tips
Water Flosser tips are the main role player in effective flossing process. These tips are used in performing flossing technique. You can make use of different tips with the water flosser system, which is meant for a specific purpose.
Below is the list of Water Flosser Tips, and also find their respective use along with the Tip Type:
- Classic Jet Tip-> This is the tip which can be used every day, and it has got a standard design too. This helps in cleaning between the teeth and below the gum-line. It should be replaced every six months and helps in maintaining a good oral health.
- Orthodontic Tip-> This kind of tip should be used by people with braces. This tip comes along with a tapered brush which helps in removing plaque. Also, it is found to be effective in removing bacteria or debris formation below the gum-line. You need to replace this tip every three months of usage.
- Plaque Removal Tip-> This is a unique tip which is offered by Waterpik brand. It has got three tufts of soft bristles, and they glide over the teeth surface for removing plaques. The bristles should gently touch on the teeth, and allow the water to pass through the teeth. It can be used for three months period.
- Pik Pocket type of Tip-> This Waterpik brand tip, is used specifically for working on the periodontal pockets. It provides some anti-bacterial solutions for the periodontal pockets, as mentioned by your dentist. You can use this tip for 3 months straight.
- Tongue Cleaner Tip-> The tip we are talking about looks like a spoon, and they are used in cleaning the tongue. Their main task is to remove the trapped bacteria present on the surface of the tongue. This product needs to be replaced every three months. Initially set low pressure on this, and start using the flosser tip.
- Toothbrush Tip-> The final tip on the list is the Toothbrush tip, and it is quite similar to the normal toothbrush we use. You need to simple attach the flosser tip to the handle, and use like a manual toothbrush. It is a general purpose tip type, and has to be replaced every 3 months. Also, you can make use of this tip with or without the presence of toothpaste here.
So the above listed are the major types of Water Flosser tips which are in use today. You can make use of any tip provided that you have got the specific medical condition. The General Purpose tips can be used for all kinds of users here.
How to Floss with a Water Flosser?
So you want to perform a flosser treatment but fed up with the string or the manual kind of floss. Most of the people don’t like going through a messy, and difficult method. You can check out the Water Flosser technique which is by far the easiest way of flossing treatment.
But it will be less messy, and more effective only by adopting the right method. In this section, we will explain the step by step for using a Water Flosser. They are explained in the following way:
- The first step is to fill the reservoir with lukewarm water. Then place this reservoir on its base, and press a bit to ensure that it has been placed correctly.
- Choose the suitable tip for your flosser process, and place your handle firmly on the handle.
- If you are using the unit for the first time, then set the pressure initially to high. Point the tip towards the sink, and wait till the water flows. After this, turn the system OFF.
- Now set the pressure to low, you must begin using the flosser unit at the lowest pressure.
- Move towards the sink, and place the tip of the flosser in the mouth.
- Turn the unit ON. Close your mouth while the flossing process is going on, this is to avoid splashing of the water. Let the water pass from your mouth towards the sink, whenever you feel the need.
- It is recommended to start from the back teeth. Take pause while jumping to the next teeth, and place the tip forming 90° with the teeth. It should be just above the gum-line.
- After you have completed the flossing, turn the unit OFF.
- Then using the tip eject present on the system, remove the tip, and maintain it for the next treatment.
We have explained the complete process of using the Water Flosser. Following the right method is important to get the benefits out of it, so follow it accordingly.
How to Floss with Dental Floss?
Like the Water Flosser technique, you need to follow some points while using the Dental Floss method. Dental Floss helps in removing the plaque effectively, so let’s get started with the tips here.
You will need your hands while dealing with the string floss here. So make sure you have washed your hands well, before starting the process. And then follow the points given below:
- Make sure you have got enough floss for the process. You may require around 18 inches long floss for the purpose. You may feel you won’t require this amount, but in reality you will need this much. Then you will have to rotate the string around your fingers. It is recommended to use middle finger for string rotations, and you could do the work using the index finger as it is free.
- You have to slide between the teeth. Perform a zig zag position, and glide the floss over the teeth. Be careful with performing this step here.
- Try to form a C shape while performing the cleaning using the string floss. You can form this shape while you wrap the string around the teeth. And slowly move the string from the bottom of the gum-line towards the top portion of the teeth.
- You have to roll the string, and use the complete floss for the treatment. This means while you move from one teeth to the another, just make sure you use a new section of the floss for the process. The used floss can be rotated onto the finger of the other hand. Make use of the thumb as a guide.
- Perform the flossing on both sides of the tooth.
So these are steps that are required to be followed by a person while performing dental floss. Performing the task in the right way is needed, and when it deals with the flossing treatment, it requires the best guidance.
What About Toothbrushing?
Toothbrushing is the act of rubbing the tooth using a toothbrush, with an added toothpaste on it. Now you can use a toothbrush for cleaning the outer portion of the teeth. But for the interdental cleaning, you must use a floss technique to get rid of plaque or any debris formations.
It is recommended to follow both the techniques of brushing and flossing if one wishes to maintain a good oral hygiene. Now we will list out some points here for getting the right Toothbrushing experience.
- The scrubbing technique should be gentle, and in short horizontal movements.
- Avoid using hard bristles, and opt for soft to medium bristle toothbrushes.
- Make sure that you spit out the fluoride paste as much as possible, and do not rinse mouth after brushing.
- Brushing should be done twice in a day, one in the morning and another during bedtime or any other day time.
So these are the various rules that require being followed for a complete good oral care. And for the best results, use flossing technique for plaque removal.
Hope you all enjoyed this detailed post on Best Water Flosser Reviews – Top Picks of 2017, and it helped you with getting the all the information related to this flossing method. If you have got any query related to the flossing method, then post your questions in the comment section provided below. And till then, keep visiting us on WaterGadget